So what makes online skills tests better than good old ways of taking tests like how we did at school? Logging online, ensuring you pick a reputed website, some people who are new may not know how to go about it and so many questions! There are still some, even in today’s day and age, who may not be very sure about taking a test on an online test series portal.
So what is the solution? Of course, reading more and understanding the fast-paced and fabulous world of online skills tests. Here are a few reasons about why online test websites are much better, efficient, easier and practical than the regular way of taking tests:
- The tests are formatter to perfection: In case of regular pen and paper tests, they are often confined to basic question-answer formats. However, with online skills tests, one is able to do so much more. The exam expert or test builder can resort to formats and create tests in a multiple formats like true or false questions, multiple choice questions, fill in the blanks, match the right ones, short and long answer formats and many more. This brings a fresher perspective to the overall test and creates a fun experience for the student.
- Reduces cheating: With no copies or files of tests pre-prepared and stored, it becomes difficult to resort to cheating. If a group of members have to apply for a test on a particular topic simultaneously, one can prepare a different test paper for each so that there is no dishonest means taking place during the test.
- No time and place constraints: It is possible for members to take the test sitting at home, the office or even a mall! Tests can however, be timed so that the test is fair for all. Other than that, one can choose his own place or time to take an online test by simply logging in.
- Can be exported and shared: Websites allow a test to be printed or exported to another source. In case of printing, one just needs to ‘check’ the files that require to be printed and release the command. The test can also be viewed by another user by logging in to the account. Regular tests cannot be shared unless physically exchanged.
- Matter can be created and changed at any time: Online tests have an advantage of being flexible. With these tests, you can always access previous tests, answers, and data or just about anything! The best part however, is that previous data that has been stored in the system can be analyzed and changed as per the present requirement. This type of flexibility can rarely be done in case of online tests. This is not possible with hand-written tests, as whatever once written is as good as being permanent.
- Automatically graded: It is as simple as feeding the right answers in the system and then waiting for a user to submit his finished test. The system automatically detects errors and takes them in to account. In the end, it calculates and sums up the result of the test, giving the exact grade the student has achieved. Such precision is not possible in case of a regular hand-written test.
Thus, online skills tests are better, easier, more practical and definitely give much more precise results than hand-written ones.